Friday, May 05, 2006

Road to Coorg

Finally ! Got some of the photos uploaded. More at Katty's Page.

Ok, let me first introduce the entity's in the following picture. Standing from the left is a tall tree ( I do not know it's name), then there is a small tree ( this one's called praveer), followed by your's truly and then vipul. The thing sitting is called katty (gourav to some).
Hokay, this was the first leak break that we took on our way from Bangalore to Coorg. On the Mysore Road, just before it, from srirangapatnam, we took a right for a bumpy ride leading us to coorg. First site of tree and wala, here we stop. Just before this, we stopped at a Place called Kamath ( sometimes I wonder whether I know more udupi's or more kamath's and I am not talking about people here) Anyway that was our sandwich/tea break where we switched wheels. vipul took over them while I got down to do what I do best - plan ;). I was worried we will miss the right turn near srirangapatnam. which we did, and took a U turn to find in relief that the right turn was still there. We took it and celebrated that with another stop on a road side chai shop where the tea (again ? how much tea do you guys drink !) and that leads us to the photo below.


Lost in translation would be the words here as I have skipped putting the I zillion photos that we took between the one above and the one that follows. We changed wheels again and the 2nd tree that we met in the first picture took it over. As you can guess there was not enough room for it in the driver's seat and hence the driver's seat was moved backwards to the delight of person sitting behind him (read me).

So we continue with praveer on wheel and the rest of us on edge. Take a cocunut break, pose with cocunuts for yapp ( yet another photograph photograph) . The road to coorg from here on was pretty much of a nomenclature. The roadside was really beautiful. We passed a garden where beetle leaves were grown and then finally made it to coorg and to our "hotel". The quotes surrounding the hotel should say all that needs to be spoken about it. Hence I would not dwell on it any more. We took the keys and moved on to our first spot - the abbi falls

It was a short walk from where we are standing above and where we are fishing below. There was a bridge which took us over to the other side. We christened it shatrughan jhoola, as it appeared to be younger brother of laxman jhoola.

The feet that took me all across the treacherous terrain - yes , I still can take pictures of my feet without my tummy blocking the way.

After a relaxing time under the falls water, we were headed towards to somwarpeth and this time not only the surroundings were great, the road was terrific ( as best they can be in ghats ). The "turns" and "corners" could easily rival some on the formula 1 curcuit :D. we did stick to the racing line and never crossed the pit speed.

k, the photo that you see below is completely fake. I appear to be calm and relaxed and having fun. Truth is that it was just after a long trudge in sun from talacauvery base to the highest point in coorg. the least people can do is put some beach chairs and overhead umberellas there ! it was HOT.


long time since I climbed anywhere ! A machan at nisarga dhamajourney back home. My energy level was following the same graph as the graph which can be drawn against the number of words over each photographs now. I look verrrrrrrrry different without specs ... should I go for contact lenses ?


A hell of a time I had !

4 comments:

Vipul said...

all the photographs has one thing in common...
i.e. sandy

Vipul said...

All the snaps have one thing in commnon...

Epiphany said...

Dude u CAN'T take a pic of u'r feet without your tummy blockin the way!! That pic is doctored. None, of us were there when u took that pic

Smart-Alecky said...

why in the last sanp Vipul looks so sad? Is it that you heppier than him or is it that you guys did not let him fag or booze?