Friday, May 19, 2006

Ganging-up for gangster

Tell someone a movie is good (when it is pathetic) , so that they suffer the same trauma that you did.

I have done this so many times in the past and have no intention of stopping. But a phenomenon which I saw for gangster, when the entire world ganged up against me - and I ended up watching Gangster !

The culprits are :
  • Good reviews in papers - the same ones that gives kabhi kushi kabhi gham 5 stars, and yet I listen to them - what a sucker :o)
  • Good reviews on websites (read rediff) - am not going trust the website for anything related to a "view" - facts are ok, but views - noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. (do not read reviews on indiatimes as well)
  • Almost everyone I met and spoke to them about how the movie is. They said they have not seen the movie but "heard" it is good - am going to follow advice of all thriller movies "trust noone"
Saving grace in the movie
  • Nice songs
  • While you are in theatre, the 'audience' - read US
My Advice ? (remember trust noone)
  • Mahesh Bhatt - bad ( i really like some of his old movies , hum hain rahi pyaar ke ! but as they say, people change. This one has changed for good - turned bad)
  • Emran hashmi - pathetic (this was the first movie of his I could muster the courage to watch. Yes i did not go to see murder)
  • Together - Help , mars attacks ! god save the world

2 comments:

How do we know said...

hey... how come u did not mention Kangna and Shiney Ahuja? I loved them both.. and i saw the movie.. and LOVED it!

sandeep said...

shiney ahuja - yes , I should have mentioned !
kangna - ummmmm , she looked good. I just wish she had less to speak in the movie :-)