Sunday, February 05, 2006

Jethro Tull Concert

3rd Feb 2006 - IIM Grounds - Unmaad Fest

As rightly put by katty who was with me in the convert "It was a concert and not a show". I would say I was a fan of JT before the concert and now I am a follower !

The energy in the show was unbelievable. The pieces that they played, you will never hear on any CD. I guess this was the real difference between this and any other show I have gone to. They really played out of the bag and with lots of variety and ingenuity.

The dry and sarcastic humour of Ian Anderson was pretty much the icing on the cake. They did a piece dedicated to Mozart which anderson called "Moz" "Art" and how Mr. Mozart would (dis)approve had he been there.

They planned to finish off with their all time hit "Aqualung" but we got them back on the stage yelling for more. Then they perfomed Locomotive Breath as the last number.

Anderson tossed two huge balloons towards the crowd. I got a piece of if it !

No comments: