Thursday, January 19, 2006

Firefox Success

I was a die hard Internet Explorer user - not becuase it was a great browser, simply because that is how I started browsing the internet. Being a creature of habit that I am, I felt it was impossible for me to make the switch ( I used to be pained while browsing on Linux during redhat 6 days ) Now I would not even look at IE. What did firefox do which allowed me to switch.

  • Got rid of the primitive look and feel the earlier Non-IE browsers had
  • Aligned with most of the IE shortcuts - like F5 for refresh, CTRL+D for bookmarks.
  • Tabbed Browsing !! - An essential feature IE is now waking up to in the IE 7 release.
  • Nifty Plugings - Like Google Suggest, integrated search engines. IE integrates with few, but the number of plugins that firefox provides ... amazing
  • There are about a zillion vulnerabilities in IE which most users are unaware. If firefox does not fix them, it atleast do not expose them.

No comments: